Richard Gaskin wrote:
Not being a graphics pro, I don't care one way or the other what the gamma's set to, as long as it's consistent across platforms. If Apple's default setting is a better match to the real world, will PC makers/Microsoft follow suit?

It's on the outer fringes of likelihood I think. but if Tom McGrath's Cinema display is factory set to a gamma of 2.2 as he states, then it seems we can no longer assume that Apple systems always ship with gamma set to a default of 1.8, - your dreams have actually already come true! and we're just fogeys discussing history. :-)

Martin Baxter

Thomas McGrath III wrote:
Martin,
My HD Cinema display is factory set to a Apple display native - Response Curve of Gamma of 2.2