On 25 May 2006, at 23:38, Dave Cragg wrote:

I just tried a few https urls and got timeouts about 30-50% of the time on OS X 10.4.6 (on an intel mac-mini) with all the latest OS updates. On my XP machine, I'm not getting timeouts.

A little more information.

I'm seeing the timeouts on OS X 10.4.6 (intel and ppc) with Rev versions back to 2.5, which was when SSL support was added.

I see similar timeouts with libUrlSetSSLVerification set to both true and false. (I'm using a certificate when set to true.)

The timeout frequency seems to vary by url. For example, https:// www.google.com/ rarely times out here. However, this url gives a 302 redirect response, and the redirect is a regular http connection. So very little data is coming back over the secure socket.

It seems the secure socket is being opened OK (at least the Rev engine thinks so), and the timeouts are occurring on the first read immediately after writing the request. This suggests the problem is in the engine, as libUrl behaves the same at this stage for both secure and non-secure connections. (I'm just escaping responsibility here.)

I'd be interested to hear if the problem occurs with an older version of OS X (pre-10.4.6).

Sorry, Mark, as I doubt any of this helps you.

Cheers
Dave