Sivakatirswami wrote:

I'm using an old Ken Ray stand by for directory walks. I discovered a "bug" here where, if the folder name begins with a space, it is skipped. I cannot for the life of me figure out why...

on directoryWalk whatFolder
  set the itemDel to "/"
  set the directory to whatFolder
  put the files into  tFiles
  put the files into temp
  add the number of lines of temp to tCount
  sort temp
  repeat for each line x in temp
    put whatFolder & "/" & x & cr after gHierList
  end repeat
  put the folders into tDirList
  sort tDirList

now the folder with a leading space in its name comes before the ".."

  delete line 1 of tDirList

And is now deleted :-(

  repeat for each line x in tDirList
    if x = ".."  then next repeat