In AIF files, the sample rate is stored as a 10 byte ieee floating point number - this gave me all sorts of trouble when I was making my audio waveform component.

Being a bit of a dunce when it comes to binary bit-twiddling, I eventually opened a 'silver support incident' (ie paid for), and Mark Waddingham came up with a couple of excellent functions for encoding/ decoding such numbers.

I posted the functions to the list back in January. If you look at them, you can see that they are fairly complicated, and so fairly easy to screw up.

I wonder if the UBUNTU aif code for reading these 10 byte numbers is buggy, producing a number 2 x what it should be?

Best,

Mark