Devin Asay wrote:
This is much easier with the IconFactory plugin for Photoshop. It will turn any graphic into properly formed .ico (win) or .ics (mac) files.

I can second that. Every app I've made for the last two years has icons made with the IconFactory plugin. Easier than anything else I've used, and never had a technical glitch for the output formats like I have with some other tools.

And if you enjoy the vectoriffic world of Fireworks they have a plugin for that too. :)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal