Paul Malloy wrote:
Sorry for the repeat post, but I got no responses last time. I have searched
the documentation and tried several fixes to no avail.

I want to display a videoClip (a Quicktime movie that has been imported into
the stack) on my opening card, then stop playing when the user moves to the
next card. The following script plays the movie fine, but the movie
continues to appear superimposed on all subsequent cards.

on opencard
  set the scale of videoclip 1176 to 0.35
  play videoclip 1176 at 500,200 looping
  send "startRolling" to fld "Credits"
end opencard

on closeCard
  stop playing videoclip 1176
end closeCard

I suspect the message is not getting "passed" but I can't figure out how to
fix it. Thanks in advance.

If you have no other closeCard handlers ahead of this one in the hierarchy, the message should be received by the card. Are your opencard/closecard handlers in the card? Does the videoclip continue to play when you change cards, or is it static when it is superimposed on other cards? If it is static, then the message was received but the clip was not hidden. If it continues to play, then probably you have a closecard handler somewhere else that is interfering, or you haven't placed the handlers in the card layer where they will trigger.

I think we need more info.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]