Parallels won't work for anything that needs 3D support, since the graphic emulation is fairly basic - so games are definitely out. This is where Boot Camp comes into its own, but you do have to reboot your Mac in the process. It does seem as if my MacBook Pro runs the fans more under Boot Camp - I'm not sure if this is down to the drivers or whether the processor is working harder.

I use Parallels with Windows XP Home and it works very well indeed for the few things that I need from Windows. At the price you can't go far wrong - but Apple may be working along similar lines for the next version of OS X (Leopard). If you've ever used Virtual PC, the two are very similar - except that Parallels is much, much faster.

Karen

On 25 Jun 2006, at 16:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:51:06 -0700
From: Phil Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: OT: Win virtualization with Parallels?
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>

I noticed at Revcon that one or more presenters used Parallels
(virtualization product) to show Windows stuff on an Intel Mac. Can
anyone comment on how well Parallels works, or if there's a better way
to go? I'm thinking of taking the plunge but wanted to 'consult my
sources' first.

Thanks -
Phil Davis