Depending on the real need, a Wiki might work well. If so, the Wiki project
Andre Garzia showed off at RevCon West 2006 in Monterey last week might be
good enough or a great start.

On 6/24/06, Bill Marriott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It would be hard to rival the simplicity of using phpBB. Most cPanel-based
hosting providers enable you to click a couple buttons and have the forum
up
and running in less than 5 minutes. Plus, phpBB has a deep feature set,
dozens of plug-ins for extra features, and an active support community.
Customizing them often means learning a little PHP though. There are many
options besides phpBB. (Everyone has their favorite forum software.)

It might be more fun/rewarding to build your own forum software using the
Rev CGI though :)