Hello all.

I want to output a transparent PNG of formatted text in a field. Fine. I use the following script that acts on a non-opaque field:

on mouseUp
  put "/Users/chris/Desktop/transtext.png" into fPath
  export snapshot from field "transText" to file fPath as PNG
end mouseUp

Works fine if just "roman" text is used in field. Makes a lovely RGB png with black text on a transparent background.

However... if I type in some Japanese text into the field, I get square black blobs instead of Japanese characters. If I set the opaque of the field to true the text renders correctly but on a solid background - which, naturally, I don't want... Interestingly, if the field contains just Japanese, the resulting png seems to be generated as an 8-bit indexed colour image.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I guess there is some issue with the way Rev renders unicode(?) in a field.

Chris