Sounds promising, will test after the weekend. Thanks for your efforts.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download ErrorLib at http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html and get full control of error handling in Revolution.

Op 6-jul-2006, om 13:02 heeft Thierry Arbellot het volgende geschreven:

Hello all,

As you may know, Revolution is not able to open a file if the path or the filename contains unicode characters. Then, I've developed an external to work around this problem and use it in the last version of my shareware Toki TC.
I successfully tested it with Korean characters.

To complete the test, can someone on the list try with other languages, that are not western languages, and let me know the result ?

What you need:
- a Mac with OS X 10.2 or higher (should work in Mac Intel but not tested yet) - download Toki TC from this link http://perso.orange.fr/hal/ tokitc1.3b1.zip
- a movie with unicode characters in the path and/or the filename
- start Toki TC and open the movie
Toki TC should be able to open the movie, play it and display its filename in the window title.

What doesn't work (yet):
- display the name in the "open recent file" menu
- drag and drop the file in the player

I plan to make a Windows version, and then share the externals with the community.

Thank you,
Thierry