Geoff, et al:

I think the key for something like this will be when we move beyond what could be described as "keyboard shortcuts," and into something that can only be described as enhanced syntax, i.e. something that actually changes the way you think when you program.

Don't know if these qualify, but

* Non-native English speakers might translate Rev into their native language. [Only to see it translated to English upon returnInField.]

* One might create a font of high-order special characters and dabble in symbolic programming
--
Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company