On Jul 22, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:

Mark...

Are you sure? Copyrighting language syntax is pretty tricky stuff and I'm not at all sure that ANY of those *languages* was ever so protected or is
now.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering what your source of such
certainty is.

Tricky yes, but not impossible of course. The language syntax to Visual DialogScript is copyrighted. But it's a language that is definitely unique enough to be able to get away with being copyrighted. I'm not sure xTalk and variants can say the same.

And of course, how could anyone get a copyright on this if there are prior works that they are based on?

-Garrett