On 23/7/06 23:26, Bill Vlahos wrote:
There is a new feature in Mac OS X 10.4.7. Put 2 fingers on the trackpad and click the button for a right click. Its a brilliant way to overcome what I considered a shortcoming of a one button laptop. In fact, I like it better than having two buttons.

Billl, can you tell me more? The loss of the right button is what I hate most about using my PB on airplanes - I have 10.4.7 (on a sufficiently late model Aluminium PowerBook to have the two-fingered scrolling), but this doesn't seem to do anything for me, nor can I see anything in the control panel. Is this only in MacBooks?

BTW for others, while I'd still welcome a faster solution, I find the control-click solution so awkward that I generally prefer to just hold down the trackpad button for a longer time, which in most apps (I'm not sure if it's a system thing, a Cocoa thing, or just a convention) will eventually pop-up a contextual menu.

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866