Hi Ben and Dar,

On 27/7/06 03:03, Dar Scott wrote:
Except for typed character U with an umlaut or E with an acute accent on OS X and probably other characters with accent marks. At least on my keyboard (US).
This is bug 1147, which for some reason is marked fixed.
This leak of keyboard typing to the field is a serious (or at least embarrassing) problem for 'ask password' and casual implementations of password dialog boxes.
It is probably a problem with many applications that use xxxxKeyDown.

Yikes! Thanks Dar, I didn't know this. It's a nasty one, since I can't see any workaround.

Interestingly the behaviour has changed a bit between 2.6.1 and 2.7.2, but not fixing this bug. I've added a report to BZ 1147 confirming that this is still a bug in 2.7.2 on Mac OS X 10.7.4 - but I can't re-open the bug, only Klaus or someone at RunRev can.

Klaus - could you re-open this bug please?

I just re-opened this bug.

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866

Regards

Klaus Major
[EMAIL PROTECTED]