Mark Wieder wrote:

That is the case as far as I know. If anybody can correct me, I would be
happy to learn more.

Exactly. That, at present, is the only way to communicate with COM
objects in a Windows environment, using vbScript as a shim:

rev <--> vbScript <--> COM

Note, however, that as a general-purpose solution this will raise
problems with virus checkers. This may therefore cause some user
consternation as well as problems with corporate systems where the
security policy to disallow the execution of vbScripts can't be
changed.

rev <--> vbScript <--> COM    may be the easiest way - but it's not the only
way.

I use rev <--(sockets)--> Python <---> COM to manage my iTunes player