Hi Mark,

I built a quick speechTest standalone on XP Pro SP2 just now, and here's how it went.

- the 'revSpeak' command works fine without any fiddling

- the 'Externals' folder containing revspeech.dll is at the same level as my .exe file

- 'the externals of this stack' answers empty
- 'the externalCommands of this stack' answers empty
- 'the externalFunctions of this stack' answers empty
- 'the externalPackages of this stack' answers empty

??? Does Rev consider its revspeech.dll to be an external?

Maybe 'the externals' lists only those externals added by setting 'the
externals'?

Thanks -
Phil Davis

Mark Schonewille wrote:
The externals property is just the first thing I would check.

on checkForSpeechExternal
  if "/revspeech.dll" is not in \
    the externals of the mainstack of me
    then
      beep
      answer "Sorry, can't find speech dll."
    end if
  end if
end checkForSpeechExternal

Assuming that Windows' Speech has been installed properly, if this script doesn't show the answer dialog, maybe you need to check the Speech settings? I don't remember that I ever had to do this manually, but you might want to change the voice and the speech engine used by Windows. I had to tweak a bit when doing this in Windows 98.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download ErrorLib at http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html and get full control of error handling in Revolution.

Op 28-jul-2006, om 17:31 heeft sims het volgende geschreven:

As long as I select 'speech' for inclusion it should work on XP with a simple
revSpeak "Hello Bob"   Correct?

What do you mean by "externals property has been set correctly"?
I see nothing in the documentation about setting externals for T2T.

ciao,
sims