On Jul 30, 2006, at 2:48 PM, Phil Zimmerman wrote:

Hi,

I am contemplating the various avenues on how one would release a cross-platform Rev application that has demo functionality with the opportunity to input a registration key for full functionality. Does anyone have any opinions on how the storage of the key should be accomplished? Is it more advantageous to store the key data in the Windows registry rather than in a file somewhere on the machine?

In general I tell people to avoid even touching the Windows Registry unless they are seriously familiar with it. One little mishap and you can destroy a users system and or cause data loss.

Stick with using files.

-Garrett