On Aug 7, 2006, at 2:27 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

No, it is what I expect. My internet browser behaves exactly the same.

Actually, Dan is right.  It is bizarre!

My word processor doesn't do it. My calculator doesn't do it. The IP address field in preferences doesn't do it.

A Revolution field is not a browser and it is not even an HTML displayer. It has a simple html-like markup view that covers the capabilities of of the field. Though it is similar to HTML, htmlText doesn't even attempt to be like HTML even in little things like representing whitespace.

The title is way outside the scope of what htmlText does.

Stripping <title> and not <foo> is bizarre.

It might be a clue that htmlText will become closer to HTML, but I suspect it is an ancient artifact.

Dar Scott