On 14 Aug 2006, at 20:40, Dar Scott wrote:

On Aug 14, 2006, at 1:35 PM, Dave Cragg wrote:
My understanding is that with PUT URL, there is no information available about the status of the upload during the upload... only at the end. This isn't a big issue for us if it's a more dependable way to upload files of this size.

You can use libUrlSetStatusCallback (see docs) to get feedback during the upload. (This works with all three methods.)

How does this work with 'put URL'?

Perhaps I misinterpreted Richard's mail. I assumed that by "put URL" he was meaning "put x into url ...". Or am I misinterpreting your question too?

Anyway, you can set a callback with libUrlSetStatusCallback and it will work with both blocking and non-blocking calls. For example:

## in the stack script

on preOpenStack
  libUrlSetStatusCallback "urlCallback, the long id of this stack
end preOpenStack

on urlCallback pUrl, pStatus
  put pStatus into field "status"
end urlCallback

## and in a button somewhere

put tData into url "ftp://aname:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/afile.txt"

Cheers
Dave