Ah hah!! Just as I expected! There IS ambiguity in Transcript... err Revolution!!! ;-)

Seriously though, this should be corrected. I am reminded that in Foxpro a plus "+" can add two numbers AND concatenate 2 strings. How is this the same you ask? Because in both cases the same thing turns out to mean different things based upon context, which means I cannot make a code converter that works 100%. No computer language should even mean 2 different things using one convention. (Anyone at Runrev listening?)

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM

Major Caveat!
the item in Rev does not always mean what you may think it should.

The number of items in "a,b,c,d,e,f,g" is 7
The number of items in "a,b,c,d,e,f," is 6
The number of items in "a,b,c,d,e,," is 6
The number of items in "a,,,,,," is 6
It is the same with cr's (lines)
The trailing comma is not counted as delimiting an empty item.

This is true. And it's also worth noting that this might surprise you
when using negative indices.
So as well as Jims counting examples,

get item -1 of "a,b," --  returns "b"

whereas when getting and setting items by positive index

get item 3 of "a,b," -- returns empty (as you'd expect)

put "a,b," into tLine
put "d" into item 4 of tLine
-- leaves tLine as: "a,b,,d"

Best,