On 22 Aug 2006, at 21:41, Dave Cragg wrote:

FTP over SSL/TLS is different from SFTP (FTP over SSH), I believe. It's a while since I looked at this, but I think FTP over SSL/TLS would probably be easier to implement. However, I think the engine still needs a way to negotiate a secure connection (secure handshake??) over an existing non-secure connection before this could be implemented in libUrl. On the other hand, SFTP seems to be more widely supported by servers.

Does anyone know if curl can be used for this?

Cheers
Dave

From the curl manual:

FTPS

   It is just like for FTP, but you may also want to specify and use
   SSL-specific options for certificates etc.

So I guess it can.

Best,

Mark