Seriously though, this should be corrected. I am reminded that in
Foxpro a plus "+" can add two numbers AND concatenate 2 strings.

Try "if x is a number then..." Disambiguation then becomes a simple
matter of "if both x and y are numbers then add them, otherwise
concatenate them".

Perhaps Foxpro has stronger variable typing than xTalk.

"123" and "456" are strings AND numbers in Revolution; so would
"Foxpro syntax" like
        "123" + "456"
resolve to 579 or "123456"?
--
Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company

It would resolve to "123456" because it would evaluate the operands first and determine that they were strings. If you tried:

123 + "456" you would get a type mismatch error.

But as I said in another post, I would only be able to evaluate variables at runtime. Literals are easy. Variables are only known at runtime, in which case I am in Foxpro, not Revolution and so would not be running my code converter.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM