Rob Cozens wrote:

First: we are talking about polling the mouse state in a mouseMove handler, not in general.

Second: we are talking specifically about a user action to drag a window across the screen.

So what can go wrong?

It isn't so much that something can wrong, it's more about the strain on the CPU. Since you are using a mousemove message to check the button position, it isn't as bad as when a script does the same thing inside a repeat loop (which is almost always a no-no.) I think your method is okay, but there would be less lockup on the CPU with Klaus' method.

For those who haven't seen it yet, there's an explanation here:

<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/polling.html>

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]