I just had this in a client's stack where data is being saved to the main system library/application support folder. It works fine when running as an admin account, but fails when a non-admin user tries to run the software. The solution is for the admin account to change permissions on that folder so that non-admin users can access it. (This is on OS X.) I suppose the shell command would work too, but if a non-admin is installing to the main applications folder, then you'll need sudo in there somewhere, I think. Our solution was just to tell the user to log in as admin and give his other accounts permissions to access the folder. The situation was rare enough that a manual solution was acceptable.

Thanks, Jacque.

Silly question... what is "sudo"?

Shari
--