We recently did a V2 for both ButtonGadget and eXpertSystem. While in
both cases, the interfaces changed drastically, the underlying code
didn't change that much.

I remember something Mark Weider pointed us to a year or so ago. It
said something about resisting the impulse to "wipe it clean and start
over from scratch." It mentioned typically there is a lot of smart
work-arounds, bug fixes and overall business logic in legacy code, and
if one is not careful, the baby will indeed be thrown out with the
bathwater.

Previous to that article (Mark, ???), my inclination was to always
start over and do rewrites, but after reading it, I've taken a more
evolutionary, rather than revolutionaly, approach.

-Chipp