From: Richard Gaskin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>
Subject: Re: Saving App-Specific Docs
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:56:07 -0700

Trevor Hopkins wrote:
From a Rev application, how does one go about creating and writing
to/reading from a document that is only openable by the Rev app itself (i.e., not a text document that anyone can open). I can see how to write data to a text document but what about to another type of doc that not anyone can get into so easily?

There are many good options for protecting data. In addition to the other suggestions posted here, if your security needs are modest there's a very lightweight but reasonably efficient and easy-to-use encryption handler posted at RevJournal:

<http://www.revjournal.com/tutorials/handy-handlers-005.html>

Most more "industrial strength" encryption you might also consider Rev's Blowfish implementation, included in the Studio and Enterprise packages.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal