On Sep 29, 2006, at 12:21 PM, Bridger Maxwell wrote:

I was wondering if there was any way to send keystrokes so it
seems to the system to be coming from the keyboard.

You should be able to insert keystrokes into the HID stream on XP with an external. To get lower, you can replace the keyboard driver.

I'm not sure what "seems to the system" means. Do you have something in particular in mind?

I think the start menu and bar are windows and you can send keystrokes to them with SendKeys().

Dar Scott