On Oct 2, 2006, at 1:29 PM, Dom wrote:

Rob Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

if field "MyTextField" is a number

This is fine if signed and decimal input is allowed; but isn't an
adequate check for numerics that must be positive or integers only.

if field "MyTextField" is an integer

;-)

Cool. I need to browse through the dictionary. Maybe I need an app like one of those word-a-day vocabulary builders.

However, there are interesting things that can sneak through as in these integers:

"0x02b1"                   (hex)
"3e0" (exponent notation, similar to scientific notation)
"10.00"                    (zero fraction)
"1000000000000000000.888"  (big number)

Of course, there may be times when one wants to allow those integers.

Dar