On 10/4/06, Hershel Fisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi, I'd greatly appreciate if some one can help me out on this one.
How do I write this command with the shell function, I would write it in
terminal as follows

Su -  myUsr
Password:
And another command.

Now the question is that every line above is a different entry
If I put
Put shell("su - myUsr") in the message box this is the result
"Password's: Sorry"

And also if I understand correctly every command with the shell function is
a different terminal and does not correspond to the previous shell reply, is
that true? If so how do I write that every command should correspond to the
previously respond?

You have to construct the shell commands as a single string and do it
all at once. Here's an example of how to use sudo to set the system
clock, but just put whatever you want after the "-S".

put "#!/bin/sh" & cr into tScript
put "pw=" & quote & tPass & quote & cr after tScript
put "echo $pw | sudo -S date " & tDate & tTime & cr after tScript
-- build the command lines, the command you need to run goes after the -S
put shell(tScript) into tCheck  -- do the command & get the result

You have to quote your admin password, but you can ask for that when
running the script, or store it in a custom property.

HTH,
Sarah