What a are the performance hits with the different methodologies?

Cheers,

Luis.

On 9 Oct 2006, at 22:55, Mark Wieder wrote:

Robert-

I am quite familiar with variable scoping. I am just not used to
scoping that leaves variables in a calling procedure invisible to the
called procedure. But actually, I read the User Guide (imagine that)

I sort of figured you were familiar with it or you wouldn't have
gotten this far. But you've got me puzzled - do you know of any other
environment that implicitly lets called procedures have access to
variables in the calling procedure? I can't think of any. Nor can I
think of any reason why this would be a Good Thing.

Environment variables

Yep. Yet another way to do things...

-- -Mark Wieder