One thing that seems to be a rule is that the less expensive the multimedia software is, the more likely you will need a "player" application to run the files. Only the most expensive software seems to allow building true executables.

Out of all of the QuickTime authoring software I've had the pleasure to investigate, MovieWorks is the best value, but the QuickTime movies it generates are not interactive. The "player" documents that it generates are interactive, very much so, but they do require both a player application and QuickTime to work. And I don't think there is any way to copy protect these "applications". I also have no idea how you would integrate an e-commerce solution from within.

Ezedia produces similar results with similar limitations. Anybody have specific experiences with either of these apps?

Greg Smith