Hiya,

I remember now...
That's why I'm interested in local and remote DBs. A light DB with recent data which synchronises with the remote. I have been doing this with Derby and HSQLDB (both can run as client and server). They're fairly lightweight for client apps, although HSQLDB worries me a little due to it's laxness on error checking (which makes it faster).
Now that SQLite can handle larger datasets I might move onto that.

Cheers,

Luis.

Josh Mellicker wrote:
The future is that browsers will cache a lot of data so web apps can be used offline. Hehehehe.... (laughing trailing off into an echo....)