On Oct 13, 2006, at 1:08 PM, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

Thank you all so much for your helpful suggestions.

In the end I plumped for Devin Asay's method.

Now, being the type of person I am (cough, cough):

I would like to know WHY the method which is described
in the Documentation didn't work . . .

I don't know what part of the documentation you're referring to, but maybe the docs make the (sometimes faulty) assumption that no other styles, colors, etc. have been applied to the text within the field. Maybe a candidate for a documentation correction?

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University