On Oct 16, 2006, at 4:08 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

C'mon! Noone ever tried the Video Grabber on a PC???

I haven't but I have looked into it a bit. Be aware that using video capture with QuickTime on Windows is not fun. Very few (if any?) cameras will work with QuickTime on Windows. One interesting thing to note is that QuickTime Pro for Mac supports video capture but not QuickTime Pro for Windows. It has to do with the technology that QT uses for video capture.

You can look at http://www.vdig.com/WinVDIG/index.html if you really need to use QT capture on Windows.

If you end up using VFW (I think directx works as well but I don't think it is documented) with the video grabber then you may have to support QT/MCI playback for Windows. This isn't too bad if you create a wrapper library to branch between using the built-in player or the equivalent MCI commands.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com