Hi from Paris,

Mark Shonewille showed me that my codec was missing (thanks Mark),
and André Garzia showed me how to find out which codec was missing
(thanks André)

Francis,

on any of the quicktime players, press CMD+I or go for the menu "show
movie info" under the window menu. This will display the codecs used
for the movie. Try reencoding your movie with a codec that you know
both machines have such as Mpeg-3.

Cheers
andre

So now I have all the answers, all I have to do is to find out how to control the codec which is used when splitting my .avi file into individual segments.

Something to do tomorrow .................

Thanks guys

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"