David,

A simple solution is to use 2 dots. Item -1 is the file extension, item -2 can be some additional info, item 1 to -3 would be the file name.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Get your store on-line within minutes with Salery Web Store software. Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 22-okt-2006, om 19:32 heeft David Bovill het volgende geschreven:

A quick question - I now the info is out there on the net, but Id like to see what other people are doing. I"m setting a naming convention for files and a while back I would have stuck to the 8.3 dos character limits - no spaces etc just to be safe. Now it seems more important to use characters
that also make nice urls than anything else - but I still avoid "funny
chars" so that scripts don"t have to escape anything... but what exactly are these "funny chars", and what are there potential problems? Here are my
first thoughts, comments very wellcome:
<snip>