Jacqueline Landman Gay  said

Whether or not you use MIDI doesn't matter. The Audio MIDI Setup app is just a way to control the system audio settings. Every time I use Audacity I have to reset the audio levels again before Rev will play sounds.

She was correct in diagnosing my problem, and in fact I had been using Audacity immediately before the audio in Rev stopped working! Thanks, Jacque! I should have realized this because in my lab we have an Applescript that re-sets the Audio MIDI setup automatically.

Mark Swindell is right that we need a solution for this from within a standalone.

I'm doing a presentation about Rev at a teacher's conference this weekend, and I'll surely mention that a listmember offered a solution to my problem in 23 minutes! :-)

--
Claire Bradin Siskin
Director