Dave Cragg wrote:

On 30 Oct 2006, at 18:28, J. Landman Gay wrote:

The stack will not be in the openstacks, because technically it isn't open. It isn't listed in the "the mainstacks" either. The engine opens it silently and doesn't pass any messages to it when you are just accessing a property.

Jacque, are you sure it isn't in the mainstacks. I modified teh script I just posted as follows:

on mouseUp
  put "/Users/dave/Desktop/proptest.rev" into tStackFile

  put the myProp of stack tStackFile into field 1
  put the short name of stack  tStackFile into tShortname
  put cr & (there is a stack tShortname) after field 1
  put cr & (tShortname is among the lines of the mainstacks) after field 1
  delete stack tStackFile
  put cr & (there is a stack tShortname) after field 1
   put cr & (tShortname is among the lines of the mainstacks) after field 1

end mouseUp

I now get

true
true
false
false

And I seem to remember that Rev uses the mainstacks somewhere to list all stacks in memory.

You're right, I only did a very quick test and I did expect to see it in the mainstacks. It wasn't in there, but your test is better than the one I did. And when I run yours, I get the same results.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]