Never mind on my last question. I've got it now.

Several stacks provided by subscribers to this list have been very helpful.

--Tim

Timothy Miller wrote:
Thanks Mark, Sarah, Judy, and others, very much.

I'm afraid I haven't benefited from the sample stacks generously offered, because I haven't been able to find them on RevOnLine, but I'm working on that, and will soon succeed.

It sounds like the general idea is pretty straightforward. I didn't realize the linkText property exists, and that I can set it as I like.

Pending study of the stacks suggested...

How would I set the linkText if I wanted the link to send a message, possibly with parameters or global variables, or execute a script?

As I think about it, I suppose that if I give each link a unique linkText, I can simply use "if" or "case" statements further up the hierarchy to send messages, execute scripts or whatever. Is that the right approach? Is there another way? -- Well, there's always another way, but is there another standard way?

I'm still a little fuzzy on the HTMLtext.

I know you can export a formatted field as HTML. Is it also possible to set the HTMLtext of a chunk in a field, so it displays and behaves according to the HTML tags I specify? (I understand RR uses a subset of HTML.)

Tim

Judy Perry wrote:
Tim,

You can also check out a simple stack I have explaining how to do this up
on RevOnline in the Education category:  Hyperlinks in Transcript.

HTH,

Judy