Thanks, Mark. I downloaded it and it seems to do what I want. It certainly makes sense out of the cryptic error codes that the engine throws.

I was just going to complain about the error numbers thrown by the engine as being undocumented when I found this in the dictionary for the "errorDialog" message:

The errorDialog message ... consists of three lines:

1. Information about the statement that caused the error

2. Information about the handler where the error occurred

3. Information about the object whose script the handler is in
[...]
A list of possible execution errors is contained in the "cErrorsList" property of the first card of the stack "revErrorDisplay". You can view the list with the following statement:

answer the cErrorsList of card 1 of stack "revErrorDisplay"
<<

Still, your library seems to wrap this all up very neatly. I'll test it more later...

Bernard