Thank for the info, Dar - the codes I'm looking at are pretty basic - like delete & backspace - I shall have a read.....

JC

Dar Scott wrote:

On Nov 16, 2006, at 1:32 PM, John Craig wrote:

Does anyone know if the codes used in rawKeyDown are consistent across all platforms?

The code are somewhat consistent, but I don't think rawKeyDown works exactly the same across all platforms--not sure.

The codes are keysyms (first used on X11, and now Revolution and tkl) and you might find some descriptions online that addresses platform interpretations. The keysyms seem to attempt to address keys and characters in a useful mix. Even so, some important keys are missing and the character encoding predates Unicode. Perhaps this will be rectified.

So, I'd look around online for possible gotchas and then test on primary platforms.

Dar