I just executed this sql command "SHOW DATABASES;" on my project from rev and it works fine. However I use Trevor Devore's SQL abstraction library, which makes it far easier to make sense of the lower level rev SQL calls.

I know he's working on an exciting new project using 'Database Objects' and I expect a product someday, however for now I rely greatly on his database library, and have already donated twice. (It's free.. but it's so useful to me that I'd pay for it so I did.)

libDatabase 2.0 - Tested with altSQLite 2 and 3, MySQL, PostGreSQL, Valentina 1.x local. Preliminary testing done for Valentina 2.x local/server. Download stack, Getting Started pdf and documentation.
2.0.2.9

http://mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/

I'd suggest trying out his lib, it's solid and makes working with SQL a lot easier.

Hi Chris,

Sure, I have read the documentation. Once a database has been created, I can modify it. That's not the problem. I would like to do something like this (in a button):

on mouseUp
  revExecuteSQL 1,"SHOW DATABASES;"
  put the result
end mouseUp

and would like to get a list of databases returned, but the result is empty. The used parameters for revExecuteSQL are not really logical of course, since I provide a database ID while the SQL statement is typically executed before opening a database. Any ideas?

Best,

Mark

--
stephen barncard