Thanks all. The explanations were helpful in clarifying. I was using a somewhat more convoluted method.
-Scott Morrow

On Nov 27, 2006, at 10:12 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

Klaus Major wrote:
Hi Mark,
Klaus,

Your solution will still cause a compile error when the stack is opened or the script applied. Instead, do this:
do "set the stackFileVersion to" && quote & "2.4" & quote
maybe I'm a bit slow, but why should this cause an error? :-)
I thought the "if...then" would prevent this script from being executed by engines < 2.7.

I had to do the same thing when revising the MC IDE. As Mark said, the script won't compile if there is an unknown property anywhere in it. But "do" statements are not compiled when the script is saved, they are only compiled when they need to be run during script execution. So that's how we sneak it past the earlier engines -- hide it in a "do" statement which doesn't get compiled until it is needed.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]