Andre wrote:
one will be running on the "real thing". As far as my experience goes with Revolution Player, if any user needs to use my software, he will gladly download the player, he acknowledges no difference between downloading a player and a plugin. The player is less work for RunRev as a windows player will work in every windows, a browser plugin will depend on the browser version. So I'd rather use the Revolution player than a plugin.

Yup, I don't see much difference here either.

The idea of making the engine generate java bytecodes is very entertaining because this would enable us to use revolution to build servlets for our web server end, midlets for our cellphone or pda programming and applets for those that really want to be confined to a browser canvas. I don't know much about java bytecodes although I put a book specially about generating java bytecodes from languages that are not java in my Safari bookshelf. The idea is very nice except for the fact that the WHOLE RUNTIME REVOLUTION ENGINE WOULD NEED TO BE REWRITTEN, sorry for the all caps, but we needed emphasys. To create

Nope, that's one approach. Generating bytecodes does _not_ require an engine rewrite.

Cheers,

Luis.