J. Landman Gay wrote:
John Craig wrote:
And a script to create the regex from a word list. My apologies if this stuff turns out useless - but you can get absorbed in this mince...

I passed three random words to your script (list,house,dog) and got this regex from it:

Here is the correct regex I get when I substitute your new words into the script (check that list is passed as "list|house|dog")
(?is)\b(list|house|dog)\b.*\b(?!\1)(list|house|dog)\b.*\b(?!\1|\2)(list|house|dog)\b

a few bits missing from the one below!
(?is)\b(list|house|dog)\b\b(?!\1)(list|house|dog)\b\b(?!\1|\2)(list|house|dog)\b

My test then goes through a bunch of text files on disk and applies the regex to the text of each file like this:

put matchText(tText, tRegex) into tMatch

I don't get any matches though, and my knowledge of regex is too limited for me to know if I'm doing something wrong. Does this look right to you? I think there should have been at least 2 matching files (that's what some of the other scripts produced.)