Mark Smith wrote:

On 30 Nov 2006, at 01:48, Timothy Miller wrote:

I guess you're suggesting the stack could read from a custom property or a text file to fill in the fields in just one card, based on a unique identifier for each patient. That's not too much different from a database inquiry, if I understand you. I guess I could search faster that way, in theory, but otherwise, I don't see the advantage.

My question:

Have I understood the general idea here? Am I overlooking anything fundamental? Is it reasonable to leave well enough alone, as long as I can find stuff in stacks this large, when I need to?

I think you've understood the suggestion perfectly.

My own approach would be to store the data for each patient in an customPropertySet

But that would make searching across the patient base even harder, wouldn't it? He might end up having to ask about matchtext or something...

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]