Hi Jim and all,

IMHO, you guys are making it too hard.

I've intentionally developed a habit of always putting test info '& cr after msg'. Then when I'm done, I can easily find all occurrences of 'after msg' and delete'em.

No, it's not infallible. And sometimes I cheat (like to clear msg at the start of a 'put after' sequence). But I make my living writing software with Revolution, and I don't have any self-inflicted misery from rogue 'puts'. To me that says something about the effectiveness of the approach.

I admit that the 'habit thing' may not be sufficient for every situation. Most of the time I'm the only programmer on my projects, so I generally don't have to collaborate with others at the code level. Your mileage may vary. Ask your doctor if the Habit Way is right for you... :o)

My $0.02...

Thanks -
Phil Davis