Mikey wrote:
Jacque,

I'll agree with the first comparison, but have to disagree with the
second. MetaCard and Revolution are identical in every respect except
for the stacks that represent how the user interacts with the engine.
Now I'm confused.  I thought MetaCard didn't have all the gui niceties
that RR does,

That's right.

and was more of a text engine.  So since I apparently
have no idea how we got where we are, can you expand a bit more on
what MetaCard was?  Was this just a simple case of RR saying "Hey,
this is great, but we can make it better"?

Pretty much, I think.

Do you mean "test" engine? MC has sort of become that in a way. Since its IDE is so much simpler than Rev's, most bugs that are reproducible in MC are usually engine bugs, though not all.

MetaCard was the original product until Runtime took over. Now it is just another alternate IDE, though as you mention, the GUI is less elaborate. But everything that can be done in Rev can also be done in MC because the engine is the same, and in some cases, the GUI is similar as well. They are more alike than different. I use both, all the time, for different things.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]