On 5 Dec 2006, at 16:39, Robert John Warren wrote:

Within your business model (whatever it is), I cannot think of any reason at all why you would want to piss off all your paying customers. But not everybody "thinks Mac", that's all. Diversity is (or rather should be) the spirit of the modern world, and the kind of world where you cannot give stuff away without getting into trouble for it is not the kind of world I want to live in.

The paraphrasing may have been a bit too brief... and hear hear for diversity!

The biggest issue in this example, I think, is that it would have been free copies of the *current version* of a commercial application, which should only be done after a lot of careful analysis.

Ian