Mark, Richard, et al:

I think your options are files (slow, and a pain if there's a lot of communication), sockets (datagram connections can make things a bit simpler), system variables (which I've never tried), and read/write to/from process (which I've also never tried).

Two notes:

1. Read/write to/from process is limited to standalones running on the same computer (it doesn't support communication between standalones on different networked computers).

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company